Safety is of the utmost importance. Our Paddle/Safety lesson is mandatory for all guests therefore:
- Guests on our Aqua Safari excursions must arrive at their reserved meeting location no later than 40 minutes prior to tour time for check-in.
- Guests on our Acadia Youth Kayaking and Oyster excursions must arrive at Hadley Point Beach no later than 20 minutes prior to tour time for check-in.
- Guest must bring and wear appropriate footwear: Examples are water shoes, sandals that strap securely to the foot – Chaco, Teva, Keen type shoe (crocs with the heel strap are fine). Flip flops are not allowed. Athletic or tennis shoes are not recommended as your feet will get wet.
- Failure to attend paddle/safety lesson will result in forfeiture of tour. No refund will be given.
Paddling with Children (under 16 years of age)
- Child must be in a kayak with a responsible person from YOUR party at least 16+ years old
- Child must be at least 56″ for Aqua-Safari.
- Child must be at least 6 years old for Hadley Point Family Tour
Cancellation/ Reservation Change Policy
Cancellation/reservation changes must be made 24 hours in advance of tour time for a full refund. Cancellations and changes made within 24 hours of tour time will not be refunded. Our minimum group size is 6 paddlers, this typically is not a concern during peak season-But in the shoulder months of June and September please reserve your excursion at the beginning of your stay to ensure we are able to get you out there! Live availability can be seen online. **Parties of 8 or more guests, camp groups, scouts, etc should call to inquire regarding special policies that apply to large groups. An 18% gratuity will automatically be processed.**
Most of our kayaks are tandem. If there is an odd number of people in your party, we will pair someone from your party with someone from another party. A solo boat will only be used when there is an odd number of guests on the tour. This is guide’s discretion based on daily conditions and guest’s level of experience
*No pets are allowed to be left on property while you are paddling and unfortunately, they cannot join you on the water! Please plan ahead appropriately as we cannot refund if you show up with a pet.
We paddle rain or shine. Maine State Sea Kayak monitors the weather all day and is constantly checking for weather updates and reviewing the best available weather sites. Our tours will not be cancelled on a forecast. Our guides will make a decision about whether a tour will go or not based on current radar and latest predictions very close to the time of the tour as weather changes all the time. Think microclimates. We have found that the weather in town to be totally different than just a few miles away on the water. Things that the guides are looking for are excessive winds, thunder and lightning storms, or what looks to be a constant rain for the whole tour. If the guide decides to cancel the tour, we will try to reschedule you, if that is not possible there will be no cost to you because we cancelled the tour.