About Maine State Sea Kayak
Hello, My name is Brad Jordan, and I am the owner/operator of Maine State Sea Kayak! This is my life’s dream, and I welcome you to Mount Desert Island (MDI).
Since 2000, Maine State Sea Kayak has been delighting adventurers with specialized tours along the coastlines of MDI. Our Excursions primarily utilize tandem sea kayaks made here in Maine. This allows us an opportunity to cover larger distances in a safe and comfortable manner. Our guide team works diligently to choose the best routes for our participants, highlighting natural, historic, and cultural wonders of the Acadia region. Our routes allow us to respectfully paddle through wildlife habitat, to feel solitude on our excursions, and to focus on providing more purposeful paddling opportunities!
Core values: We are driven by six core values: Build The Team, Be Safe, Share The Passion, Respect Wildlife, Promote Youth Paddling and Be Environmental Stewards.
Why Choose Us?
- “Closest to NATURE” – This is our promise to you! If you wish to paddle the quiet-side, we are the only sea kayak company regularly paddling the western shores.
- Aqua-Safari’s – The name says it all! Our guide’s are master interpreters of their environment. They work diligently while with you to interpret the routes we paddle, to share knowledge of our surroundings, and foster love for nature and all that inhabits it. There is a reason Jeff Corwin chose us when he visited Acadia.
- Commitment to the environment – We believe we are extremely blessed to have the opportunity to operate on Acadia’s quiet-side! We strive to give back, to reduce our footprint, to engage locals and visitors in beach clean-ups and initiatives aimed at preserving this beautiful island habitat.
We are also Maine’s highest-rated sea kayak outfitter! We thank our team for this!
- Perfect safety record
- All guide’s required to demonstrate/maintain rescue and paddle skills beyond holding guide license
- Fresh, yet experienced ownership- A fresh set of eyes goes a long ways in terms of safety, program planning, and marketing. Procedures should continuously be reviewed/improved upon. It is difficult to do so without seeing the entire operation- Brad is actively involved on every level, seeking feedback from his peers and reaching out to industry leaders- because he is aware that stagnation is risky to business. He focuses on building teams, and allows the rest to occur naturally.